Colorado Low Income Energy Assistance Program (LEAP)
Low Income Energy Assistance Program (LEAP) helps low-income households pay their winter heating bills. LEAP is not intended to pay the entire cost of home heating. If you are applying for LEAP assistance you should continue to pay your home heating bill. The eligibility period for LEAP runs from November 1st through April 30th each year.
Who is Eligible?
- U.S. citizen or a legal alien and a resident of Colorado
- If you pay heating costs directly to an energy provider or pay the cost of heating with your rent or in addition to rent
- Your gross monthly household income falls within the guidelines set annually and posted no later than November 1st each year
- The maximum gross income to qualify is based on 60% of State Median Income.
- Financial assistance in paying winter heating bills
- If you are eligible for LEAP you may qualify for emergency assistance for help in repair or replacement of your primary heating system
- If you are eligible for LEAP you may qualify for free furnace and weatherization services for your home through the Energy Saving Partners program.
How Do I Apply?
Applications may be completed online, or picked up at one of our locations and returned by email, fax or in-person.
- Submit your application online using Colorado PEAK.
- Download and print an application:
- English and Spanish applications can be picked up and dropped off at our Trinidad office located at 219 S. Chestnut Street
- Completed applications may also be emailed or faxed:
- Email: LEAP@pueblocounty.us
- Fax 719-846-4269
- LEAP local office phone: 719-583-6987
If you receive a shut-off notice or your main heat source has been disconnected, please bring the notice to our office immediately at the address above.
To receive information on the status of your application, please call Goodwill LEAP at 719-442-0007 or 888-775-5327. For year-round assistance with your utility bill please call 1-866-432-8435 (1-866-HEAT-HELP).
Utility contact information for San Isabel and Trinidad is (719)846-2266.
For more information, please contact Ed Lackey via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at (719)846-2276 ext. 7124.