The Emergency Food Assistance Program
The Emergency Food Assistance Program (TEFAP) helps supplement the diets of low-income Americans by providing emergency food assistance at no cost.
Who is Eligible?
Eligibility is based on income. The total household income before any deductions must fall below a certain dollar amount to be eligible for SNAP benefits. The dollar amount will be determined by how many people are in your household.
Households may meet TEFAP income-based standards in the following two ways:
Participate in one of these public assistance programs
- Aid to Needy Disabled (AND) Aid to Blind (AB)
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- Health First Colorado (Colorado's Medicaid Program)
- Eligible Foster Children
- Commodity Supplemental Food Program (CSFP)
- SNAP (Formerly Food Stamps)
- Low Income Energy Assistance Program (LEAP)
- Temporary Assistance to Needy Families (TANF)
- Old Age Pension (OAP)
If you are not participating in any of the above public assistance programs, you must have a combined gross income which does not exceed the maximum income limit for the household size.
How Do I Apply?
- Applications are available at the Las Animas County Health and Human Services building located at 219 S. Chestnut Street, Trinidad, CO 81082. Phone 719-846-2276
- Operating hours are Monday-Friday 7:30-3:30 pm
- To complete an application be sure to bring:
- Proof of age, such as Colorado Picture ID
- Proof of county residency and current address (driver’s license, rental agreement, utility bill)
The Care and Share Program
Disbursed at the Las Animas County Fairgrounds
(As a courtesy to the neighborhood, we ask that you do not get in line earlier than 9 am.)
- January 20, 2021 - 10:00 am - 11:30 am
- February 17, 2021 - 10:00 am - 11:30 am
- March 17, 2021 - 10:00 am - 11:30 am
Will be for pick up for SENIORS AGE 60 and up ONLY
11:30 am - 1:30 pm
Will be for ALL ELIGIBLE Las Animas County Residents including seniors
Doors close promptly at 1:30 pm - NO EXCEPTIONS
Help keep our community safe:
Stay in your car, masks required, bring a pen, & PLEASE be patient! – Thank you!
This institution is an equal opportunity provider.