Report Fraud to Las Animas County DHS
LACDHS is committed to discovering and addressing fraud, waste and abuse. LACDHS's jurisdiction encompasses inappropriate activity by internal employees, contractors and grant recipients, which may include community partners and agencies, as well as private businesses and non-profit entities.
Private citizens are encouraged to report any suspected financial fraud as well as waste or misuse of resources.
Employees of LACDHS are encouraged to report any suspected financial or time fraud as well as waste or misuse of resources.
If fraud is suspected at the county level, such as in the delivery or misuse of funds for SNAP (food stamps) or TANF (welfare benefits), please contact our local office.
For all other fraud concerns, contact the LACDHS Call Center at 719-846-2276, ext. 7146 OR 7152.
Be ready with the following information:
- The name of the individual or organization
- The address of the individual or organization
- The individuals living in the household
- The date of the alleged misconduct
- A detailed description explaining why you suspect fraud or abuse
- Your contact information (All reports and reporting parties are kept confidential).
The fraud referral will either be investigated by the LACDHS Fraud Division or referred to the appropriate contact for further investigation by the Colorado Dept. of Human Services (CDHS) at the state level.
You may also report any fraud or misuse by submitting a Fraud Occurrence Form.
- Please submit the completed form to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you prefer to contact the State Office for referral of fraud, please contact them at:
- CDHS Fraud Hotline at 877-934-6361.