Colorado Child Care Assistance Program (CCCAP)
The Colorado Child Care Assistance Program (CCCAP) helps eligible families pay a portion of child care costs while they are working, searching for work or in school. School may be anything from high school, GED, college or vocational training. Costs not covered by the department are paid directly to selected providers by the families. The amount paid, parental fee, is based on your gross income, the number of people in your household, and the number of children in care.
Who is Eligible?
- Families receiving Colorado Works/TANF
- Parents who are working
- Parents who are searching for a job, within State established time limits
- Teen parents (up to age 21) in a high school diploma or GED program
- Parents needing child care for up to 24 months for post-secondary education or training (up to a first Bachelor’s Degree or less)
- GED, ESL, or Adult Basic Education, for up to 12 months
- Applicants must be residents of Las Animas County
- If applicable, parents must continue to cooperate with Child Support Services for the children requesting care.
How Do I Apply?
- Visit Colorado PEAK to see if you are eligible and to apply online. Applications will be automatically submitted to the Las Animas County Department of Human Services.
- Pick up an application at our office, 219 S Chestnut Street, Trinidad
- Request an application be mailed to you by calling 719-846-2276
You may return the application by fax, mail, or in-person:
- Fax: 719-846-4269
- Mail to: Las Animas County DHS, 219 S Chestnut Street, Trinidad, CO 81082
- Office Location: 219 S Chestnut Street, Trinidad
To apply for CCCAP, click HERE!
Call 719-846-2276 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Selecting a Child Care Provider
Eligible families are responsible for selecting a child care provider for their children. The selection can be a licensed child care center, a licensed family child care home, or a friend, neighbor or relative caretaker. Families will decide the type of care that is best for their children and meets their family's needs. When choosing a provider, look for signs that your child will be safe, comfortable, and encouraged to grow and learn. The Colorado Shines child care search identifies licensed providers that accept CCCAP and provides helpful tips to find child care.
The Attendance Tracking System (ATS) is used to access child care assistance once approved. View training on how to use the ATS system.