Colorado Works (TANF)
Colorado Works or TANF (Temporary Assistance for Needy Families) offers cash assistance and employment services to adults who are responsible for a dependent child or who are pregnant. Cash benefits may be provided to families in need. In most cases, parents must participate in work activities. Benefits are limited to 5 years in a lifetime.
Who is Eligible?
- You are an adult responsible for a dependent child or are pregnant
- You cooperate with Child Support Services
- Your income does not exceed Colorado Works income limits. For more information, please contact our main office at (719)846-2276.
Colorado Works supports families' efforts to reach economic security.
- Cash assistance
Employment supports, such as:
- Job Search
- Master Application
- Resume Assistance
- Interview Techniques
- Work Experience Programs
- Employment & Career Exploration
- Development of a Road Map – a plan that leads to economic security
- Post TANF program supports intended to help you stay employed and move closer to an independent life
How Do I Apply?
- Apply online using Colorado PEAK. Applications will be automatically submitted to the Las Animas County Department of Human Services.
- Pick up an application at our office located at 219 S. Chestnut Street.
- Request an application be mailed to you by emailing email@example.com or calling 719-846-2276.
- Print an application
You may return the completed application by fax, mail or in-person:
- Fax: 719-846-4269
- Mail to: Las Animas County DHS, 219 S. Chestnut Street, Trinidad, Colorado 81082
- Office Location: 219 S. Chestnut Street
Office hours are Monday-Friday, 8:00 am to 4:30 pm
For more information or to check the status of an application, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (719)846-2276.